Anyone intending to play golf must adhere to all relevant Government isolation and distancing guidelines. Please do not come to KBGC if you are isolating.
Whilst every effort is being made by the club, we feel it appropriate to highlight the importance of each member assessing their own situation and what risk this virus represents to them when visiting the club. As it is at your own risk, we recommend all members monitor daily the UK Government website (https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance) and follow the instructions on how to avoid catching and spreading corona-virus.
For the safety of our employees, members and community, we are asking visitors who are displaying even mild flu-like symptoms including fever, persistent cough and cold, or loss of taste/sense of smell to not visit KBGC until it has passed and/or you have received a negative test result with symptoms no longer present.
We have hand sanitizer located outside and inside the Professional Shop. Due to government guidelines, face masks are required to be worn in the professional shop and (as of Monday 14th September) within the Clubhouse unless seated at a table for catering.
Arrival and Before Play
• Unless you have a table booked in the lounge prior to your round, please aim to arrive at the club no more than 15 minutes prior to play.
• Travel to the golf course on your own or with members of your own household only, and park your car in such a way as to facilitate physical distancing.
• Changing shoes/getting ready is permitted and encouraged in the car park.
• Warm-up alone. Observe physical distancing rules on the practice putting green and on the practice area between the 1st, 17th and 18th holes.
• No shaking hands before or after play, and only mark your own score, no switching cards etc. at any point of the round.
• No skipping holes (for example going from the 3rd on the Links to the 13th), please play the course in order.
• Observe physical distancing at all times on the course.
• Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing ground until the all members of the group in front have played their tee shots and exited the teeing ground.
• Pick up your own tees on the tee box, only pick up your ball at any time on the course.
• If you are using your own golf buggy, or if one has been hired from the club, it must only be used by you or members of your household and cannot be shared with or used by other players outside of your household during the round.
• Do not exchange or share equipment, food or drink with other players during your round.
• Do not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball. If you find a ball on the course that is not yours please leave it.
• Do not use on-course water fountains, ball cleaners etc.
• Do not touch the flag or flagstick. Putt with the flagstick in and remove your own ball from the hole.
Practice Ground/Putting Green
• Golfers are allowed to use the putting green and are asked to keep socially distanced from others at all times. Holes on the putting green have been turned upside down to ensure that the ball can be removed form the hole easily.
• The practice ground will have no flags on the greens to help prevent cross contamination. Please avoid more than four golfers on the practice ground at any one time and please collect your own golf balls only. Please also avoid practicing in groups, unless from the same household or for Juniors taking part in coaching.
Bar & Catering
Due to guidelines outlined by the government, all members & visitors must pre-book a table before using the Bar & Catering facility. By booking a table you agree to follow the rules set out by our catering team. A list of requirements are as follows:
Following the announcement by the First Minister, the following regulations are in place for the clubhouse and catering as of Monday 14th September:
- A maximum of 6 people from a maximum of 2 households can meet either indoors or outdoors
- Customers will be required to wear face coverings while moving around inside the clubhouse such as entering or exiting a venue or going to the toilet.
How to Book
Bookings can be made by either calling 01292 313920 option 3, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by speaking to a member of staff.
The preference of booking would be through email, alternatively if no one is available, please contact the office.
It is mandatory for track and trace, for any member/visitor using the hospitality that a booking is made, even for coffee or a drink. Advanced booking is recommended as any bookings on the day or walk-ins cannot be guaranteed.
Tables will be in booking slots of 1 hour and 30 minutes, when this time is up, you will need to leave the lounge. Each table needs 15 minutes after a seating to be cleaned and sanitised.
Following guidelines from Health & Safety, strict table service will be in operation. Do not approach the bar or coffee station to place an order. The staff will come to the table to take orders. Under no circumstances can tables or furniture be moved and you must not approach other tables for a chat. Due to demand, it may mean a longer wait time when ordering, please be assured that the team will attend to you as soon as they can.
Please note, orders will only be taken when the full table is seated.
• There is a one-way system in operation in the clubhouse, with the entrance being through the door outside the Ladies Locker Room and the exit being the main entrance door just pas the Gents Locker Room.
• Face Masks are required to be worn when moving around throughout the clubhouse, including when entering and exiting the building or going to the toilet. Masks are not required to be worn when seated at a table for food and drink.
• Hand sanitizing stations are located at both main doors in the clubhouse, along with bottles placed in other areas of the building.
• All non-essential safety doors will be kept open to reduce the need for people to handle them. In the event that a door requires to be handled, please do so using your elbow/forearm to avoid hand contact on these surfaces wherever possible.
• Where hands are required to open/close please wash or sanitize your hands after operating as soon as possible, either via normal handwashing with soap and warm water or using the alcohol based hand gel situated in various locations around the clubhouse.
• Toilets are now open within the clubhouse. Each toilet has a designated maximum capacity to ensure that social distancing can be maintained.
• Locker rooms are now open for the purposes of equipment storage and retrieval. This means that golf clubs etc. can now be kept in your lockers but changing is still prohibited.
After your Game
• Following completion of your round, please avoid shaking hands and continue to maintain social distance.
• If you are not using the catering service in the clubhouse, after returning any items to your locker or using the toilet facilities if required, please return directly to your car, change your shoes in the car park and leave.